Category: Modifications

Gas tank and Megahatch – 5/25/16

Today we took a look at the megahatch we ordered from Recreational Mobility and we worked on the gas tank. We pressure tested the tank with water and some lime had built up on this tube. Must have been some type of galvanic corrosion that attracted the lime?  Anyway, we needed to descale it so…

1,005 total views, no views today

Painting gas tank – 10/10/15

Ethan had a friend help him paint the gas tank with green primer on 10/9.  That took about 3 hours to rough it up with scotchbrite pads and paint. He brought over the gas tank  on 10/10 and we spent an hour doing riveting and looking at some lime buildup inside of the tank.  We’re…

645 total views, no views today

Aileron conversion kit & rivet info – 9/27/15

We started installing the aileron control conversion kit today.  It uses different bearings and a push/pull tube vs. cables and it moves smoother with less force.   We’re missing the needle bearings for the post and asked PA to send.   rudder cable pulley It was difficult to drill holes through the rudder pedal, is…

31,862 total views, no views today

Rudder pedals – 9/20/15

Worked on building the rudder pedals today.   We ordered the upgraded LSX rudder pedal parts. The reinforcement tubes were too long and needed to be ground.   That was a pain because we had already riveted the plates on. It was also difficult to drill the holes through the rudder pedal tubes because they…

953 total views, no views today

Searey Part Upgrades so far

This is a classic Searey which has been replaced by the Searey LSX.  The manufacturer has some improved parts which are compatible with the Classic.  There are also 3rd party parts available. The building log spreadsheet details all our purchases, We’ve spent $15K on upgraded parts.  Here are some of them. Australian aluminum fuel tank –…

1,407 total views, 0 views today