Drilling light holes in wingtips and wing finishing – 7/4/2017

Today we drilled the light holes in the wingtips.  We are using Aveoflash LED strobe wingtip lights and they provide you a pattern.   Made a new tail jack from a Harbor Freight Transmission jack. Also cleaned off the workbench, usually it is piled with stuff…           539 total views, no views…

539 total views, no views today

Wing wiring and Anti-compression sleeves – 6/25/217

We noticed that if you put the recommended torque of 60-70 inch lbs on the fuselage tube bolts, that they start to deform. We used a clamp to make them round again and created some anti compression sleeves for the bolts so that we could torque them. We did this with plastic tubes. We should…

498 total views, no views today

Picked up newly painted hull – 3/26/17

Our hull was finished being painted so we transported it home. Total cost for getting the hull painted was $3K. This involved a lot of labor as the hull needed a lot of filler work per the painter. This is the paint we used       582 total views, no views today

582 total views, no views today

Fuselage, 914 Root Tube – 3/19/17

Today we took the fuselage off the ceiling lift hooks. We ordered the stronger 914 Root Tube which is necessary for our 117HP engine.  It arrived with a ding on the corner, hopefully that is okay. Root tube comes in 3 parts that fit together. 539 total views, no views today

539 total views, no views today

Finish uncrating engine, put on lift cart – 1/16/17

Today we completely uncrated the engine and put it onto a hydraulic lift cart that we bought at Harbor Freight. As a review, this is an Aeromomentum AM15 117 HP 1.5 Liter upright aircraft conversion engine based on a Suzuki car engine. Powering up the engine The engine came with an UltraGauge OBDII engine information…

684 total views, no views today